The Rose Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Rose Clan

WELCOME TO KILVAROCK CASTLE - HOME OF THE ROSES

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

For thee who comes with friendly minds, be welcome

Go down 
+33
Corbinsheppard
Callikoneko
Gird
Jaidion
Le Chef
Silver_Airglatem
rose_du_roi
Ragnaroth
Serdan
Darian
krysreed
Lorelei
Morgan_McAnthony
Sparhawk
Finlay
Ange Lyne
snarkysuccubus
Rothar
Terrasophia
Vevina
Rannos
Bragi
Mollinator
kitn
Idallia
departedspirit
Dewey
amzeel
yukishiro
sela
Gurland
The Guard
Erin
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Finlay

Finlay

For thee who comes with friendly minds, be welcome - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: For thee who comes with friendly minds, be welcome   For thee who comes with friendly minds, be welcome - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 1:46 am

Finlay had been sitting there...the castle was quiet of visitors of late, the hunt and dinner over. He was sitting there quite bored when he heard a voice and the name Ragnaroth. He quickly jumped up "Yes Lord Ragnaroth, the family is expecting you, please continue into the castle."
Back to top Go down
Kanadyet

PostSubject: Re: For thee who comes with friendly minds, be welcome   For thee who comes with friendly minds, be welcome - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 2:32 am

Well, at long last and at the request of numerous cousins, I finally present myself at the castle. Hopefully not so far removed from Rose activities or even from the knowledge of my clansman so as to have been forgotten or presumed dead.
Back to top Go down
Finlay

Finlay

PostSubject: Re: For thee who comes with friendly minds, be welcome   For thee who comes with friendly minds, be welcome - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 2:37 am

Another Rose has arrived? He quickly stood up "Please enter the castle Lord Kanadyet"

(OCC you must register at the top of the forum to be granted access inside)
Back to top Go down
rose_du_roi

rose_du_roi

PostSubject: Re: For thee who comes with friendly minds, be welcome   For thee who comes with friendly minds, be welcome - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 3:32 am

Slowly the castle and particularly the imposing gate house came to view. The trip was long and above all had been strenuous, and thus I rose before the gates of my horse, and gave him first of all to eat a carrot. I myself looked the walls, and searched somebody at whom I could announce myself.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/thurlfrose
Finlay

Finlay

PostSubject: Re: For thee who comes with friendly minds, be welcome   For thee who comes with friendly minds, be welcome - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 3:36 am

Finlay saw the man approach "Good day Sir"
Back to top Go down
rose_du_roi

rose_du_roi

PostSubject: Re: For thee who comes with friendly minds, be welcome   For thee who comes with friendly minds, be welcome - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 3:40 am

As me a soldier responded I got a fright only, however, I looked him then friendly and lifted the hand to the greeting.>> Moin Moin, my name is rose you Roi, is this the castle of the clan rose? <<
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/thurlfrose
Finlay

Finlay

PostSubject: Re: For thee who comes with friendly minds, be welcome   For thee who comes with friendly minds, be welcome - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 6:26 pm

He saw the fear in the man's eyes "Yes sir it is"
Back to top Go down
Ange Lyne

Ange Lyne

PostSubject: Re: For thee who comes with friendly minds, be welcome   For thee who comes with friendly minds, be welcome - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 8:06 pm

I was getting ready for another stroll in the woods.. I had thought about going there riding my horse, she needed the exercise and I needed to fly away from all my thoughts. Walking through the ward to the stables, I notice a man at the gates, discussing with the guard.

I may be shy, but I am also full of curiosity.. which would win this time? I guess curiosity was the strongest because I found myself walking over to the gate with puzzled eyes.. trying to put a welcoming smile on my face ...

Hello Sir, may I be of any help?
Back to top Go down
Ange Lyne

Ange Lyne

PostSubject: Re: For thee who comes with friendly minds, be welcome   For thee who comes with friendly minds, be welcome - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 12:47 am

I passed the guard, still walking as if in a dream.. I mumbled:

Aurevoir Messire.. tell Milady Vevina.. I'll be back.. somehow..

Then I started walking down the road.. not wanting to think further than the next step I would be making.. one foot.. then the other one..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: For thee who comes with friendly minds, be welcome   For thee who comes with friendly minds, be welcome - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 3:15 am

I am Jesus Christ Himself, come to give my blessing to all who dwell here.
And please, no bowing or groveling, that just gets annoying after a while.
Back to top Go down
Finlay

Finlay

PostSubject: Re: For thee who comes with friendly minds, be welcome   For thee who comes with friendly minds, be welcome - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 12:01 pm

Finlay sees a man approach the castle, the unknown man announces himself as Jesus Christ himself. Finlay wonders why he felt the need to add himself to his title. Finlay neither bowed nor groveled, instead he asked the man "You are Jesus Christ Himself? Prove it. The Roses are low on wine but have these barrels of water." Finlay stood back and waited for the man to perform his "miracle."
Back to top Go down
Silver_Airglatem

Silver_Airglatem

PostSubject: Re: For thee who comes with friendly minds, be welcome   For thee who comes with friendly minds, be welcome - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 2:35 pm

Silver arrives at the castle looking for the Ange's and Rannos' celebration that he was invited to, he dismounts from his horse and approaches the guard to ask's him if the celebration had begun.
Back to top Go down
Le Chef

Le Chef

PostSubject: Re: For thee who comes with friendly minds, be welcome   For thee who comes with friendly minds, be welcome - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 2:55 pm

Anyone as far as the inner yard could hear him even if his carriage wasn't even in sight yet, Hear him but probably wouldn't understand a word of the curses he was saying in french

Un cadeau! ben oui, comme si je n'étais qu'un vulgaire objet ! Que les dieux m'en soient témoins, je n'ai jamais été aussi humilié de ma vie... !!! Et ont m'a forcé vous dis-je, oui forcé à embarquer sur un bateau, moi qui n'approche pas d'un lac à moins de cent mètres !!! * translation at the end

The man was mumbling, and groaning but in fact, a large smile was covering his face, he would finally see his little lady again, cook for her she was so 'gourmande''. He had saw her crawl into his kitchen at the Saint-Nectair castle, a tiny little lady not even able to walk yet, but a tiny little lady that already knew what good food was.

He had been in shock when her father had died and she had travelled across the manche to go to the islands to find her mother's family and had been more grouchy than ever, to the point that no one even ventured in his kitchen any more.. He had made a huge hussle when the duke had ordered him to go join Ange Lyne in Scotland, but his luggage had been ready the next morning, pots, pans, spoons, he even had brought over a few helpers, knowing Dame Ange he was sure he'd get to cook as soon as he'd pass the gate of this Klar.. Kil... scottish castle.

Here it was it seemed, he looked up, saw the very old stones, grumbled again but was satisfied.

He then sent a helper out to the gate

Dis leur qu'ils se dépêchent d'ouvrir, je suis sûre que Dame Ange se meurt de faim!

*translation: So I am a gift!!! as if I was mearly only an object! May the gods be witnesses, I have never been so insulted in all my life ! And they forced me to get on a boot, yes forced me! I that won't even get close to a lac within 100 meters.

* Tel them to hurry up, I am sure that Lady Ange is starving
Back to top Go down
Jaidion

Jaidion

PostSubject: Re: For thee who comes with friendly minds, be welcome   For thee who comes with friendly minds, be welcome - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 7:35 pm

Jaid's pace quickened as she approached the Gate House. She was so excited that he was coming. Spotting Finlay keeping watch, she waved as she approached. "Good sir! Today is a busy day, isn't it? Do you mind if I wait here with you? I have a special guest coming, you see, and I would like to greet him personally."
Back to top Go down
Finlay

Finlay

PostSubject: Re: For thee who comes with friendly minds, be welcome   For thee who comes with friendly minds, be welcome - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 8:03 pm

The gates had been opened for the french man. Finlay raised his eyebrow at the language the man was shooting out of his mouth, but an order was an order and he watched as the man entered the castle. Finlay nodded to the man Silver and directed him to the party.

Finlay smiled at seeing Lady Jaidion arrive at the gatehouse. The female Roses were beautiful women indeed. He turned a bit pink, blushing as Jaidion asked if she could wait at the gate for her special guest. He tried to speak but was unable to do so instead he nodding yes to her.
Back to top Go down
Silver_Airglatem

Silver_Airglatem

PostSubject: Re: For thee who comes with friendly minds, be welcome   For thee who comes with friendly minds, be welcome - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 10:59 pm

just before entering Silver spots a familiar face it was Jaidion and she looking good as always , Silver thought it would be good to go say hello before entering the celebrations, "greetings to you Jaidion, are you ready to celebrate" Silver asked smiling at his friend
Back to top Go down
Jaidion

Jaidion

PostSubject: Re: For thee who comes with friendly minds, be welcome   For thee who comes with friendly minds, be welcome - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 11:57 pm

Jaid smiled broadly at Finlay, she was most appreciative to have some company while she waited. "Thank you good sir, I am glad to have someone to talk to whilst I wait." She was about to sit down on a large rock, when she saw Silver. "Silver! It is good to see you. You look quite dashing tonite. Ange and Rannos will be so happy you came." Giving him a big hug, she quickly let him go so he could be on his way.

Gathering up her dress, she pulled it in front of her to sit on the rock. The smooth stone is cool beneath her, and she shivers a bit. She wished he would arrive soon, but knew it would probably be a little while. Turning to Finlay, she tried to make conversation with him. He seemed awfully quiet though, and was afraid it would not be easy. "Finlay, how are you today good sir?"
Back to top Go down
Gird

Gird

PostSubject: Re: For thee who comes with friendly minds, be welcome   For thee who comes with friendly minds, be welcome - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 5:49 am

The journey lay behind him and he smiled as he approached the drawbridge. Dismounting he led his horse over the drawbridge, tugging at his clothing to rearrange it after the long ride. Seeing the Guard turned towards the side he followed his gaze to find Jaid sitting on a stone just visible through the gate. His smile broadened and he could barely keep from rushing over to her. Forcing himself to remain he coughed slightly to alert the guard to his arrival. "Sir Guard, I am Gird Montgomery come to visit at the invitation of Lady Jaidion of Lanark. May I be allowed to enter the Castle?"
Back to top Go down
Finlay

Finlay

PostSubject: Re: For thee who comes with friendly minds, be welcome   For thee who comes with friendly minds, be welcome - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 6:09 am

Finlay’s mouth went dry; Lady Jaidion asked how he was. Clearing his throat,

“Uhh…”

He stammered.

“I am doing well Lady Jaidion and yourself?”

Just then he heard a cough behind him. Finlay took his time to acknowledge the new visitor, as he didn’t want to look away from the lass in front of him just yet. Finlay heard the guest speak. He turned and looked at the man in front of him. This was the man Lady Jaidion was waiting for? Nodding

“You may Lord Montgomery.”

Finlay then opened the gate for him to enter. As Lord Montgomery entered, Finlay wondered if he realized how lucky he was to have a Rose lass waiting for him.
Back to top Go down
Gird

Gird

PostSubject: Re: For thee who comes with friendly minds, be welcome   For thee who comes with friendly minds, be welcome - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 3:45 pm

With a bow he walked through the gate smiling at Jaid with every fiber of his being. With a dancelike step he was before her and pulled her into his arms hugging her close. "I have missed you dear.." Leaning back he looked at her and inhaled softly. "You look stunning Jaid.. Heartstopping my dear.." Sighing with relief to hold her once more he was brought back to the world by the tug on the reins by his horse. Turning his head he smiled sheepishly at his horse and wondered if the beast really could be that egocentric to ruin the moment for him. With a sigh he turned back to her and gestured to the beast behind him. "My dear, where can I put this hungry friend of mine?"
Back to top Go down
Jaidion

Jaidion

PostSubject: Re: For thee who comes with friendly minds, be welcome   For thee who comes with friendly minds, be welcome - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 4:03 pm

Smiling at Finlay as he struggled to respond, Jaid was distracted by the sound of approaching hooves. She looked past the guard, and to her joy she saw Gird approaching. Once Finlay granted him admission, she rose and rushed to Gird. Her joy could not be contained as she threw her arms around him pulling him close. Heaing his voice again soothed her heart, but his words were too sweet and she immediately began to blush.

"Gird! I am so glad to see you, and very glad you could make the reception. Many of the family are here, I know they would love to meet you." Sighing slightly, she did not want to let go, but knew she had better. She released him from the embrace and grinned wildly at him. "Come, let us put your mount in the stables. It certainly would not do to bring a horse to the party. She will be well cared for there." Taking him by the hand, she led him towards the stables with a little too much excitement in her step.
Back to top Go down
Callikoneko

Callikoneko

PostSubject: Re: For thee who comes with friendly minds, be welcome   For thee who comes with friendly minds, be welcome - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 4:21 pm

Calli walked up to the gate, gawking at the castle before her, invitation from Ange in hand. "Hello, sir," she greeted the gate guard, curtseying before him. "I was invited by Angelyne to come. My name is Calli, from Lanark," she said with a smile. Looking up at the castle again, she frowned slightly, glancing down at her simple clothes, dusty from her travel. I already feel out of place, and I'm not even inside yet, she thought.
Back to top Go down
Ange Lyne

Ange Lyne

PostSubject: Re: For thee who comes with friendly minds, be welcome   For thee who comes with friendly minds, be welcome - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 4:34 pm

As I was passing in front of the gates to get in the castle, I saw a familiar face waiting on the other side, Finlay opening the gates for her. I stopped my fast pace and walked towards the gates with a wide smile..

Calli !! please come in.. I'm so happy you came.. I need to run to the kitchens but if you follow that path over there, it will lead you to the gardens where a big tent is put up, many people you know have already arrived.. I will join you as soon as I can..
Back to top Go down
Callikoneko

Callikoneko

PostSubject: Re: For thee who comes with friendly minds, be welcome   For thee who comes with friendly minds, be welcome - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 4:47 pm

"Ange! It's so wonderful to see you! And I'm so happy for you!" Calli smiled at her friend, walking through the gate, and thanking the Guard. She looked down the path Ange pointed toward and nodded. "Alright then, I'll see you later on." Hugging the other girl briefly, she turned and followed the path to the gardens.
Back to top Go down
Corbinsheppard

Corbinsheppard

PostSubject: A request to the Rose Clan   For thee who comes with friendly minds, be welcome - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 11:40 am

Riding up to the Kilvarock Castle, Corbin slows his horse to take it all in. "Slightly intimidating, wouldn't you say?" He whispers in the ear of his horse Scout while he stroked the animal's neck. Fog settles in the depressions around the castle, being that it is the morning after his handfasting with Lady Nevey. This is her request, for him to become part of the Rose Clan as a wedding gift. There is nothing he could deny her.

All he is able to offer the clan is his honour, loyalty and strength of arm. His lineage is strong, he will be a Lord in due time and take over his fathers house and properties. But currently, he knows there is no way to hide the fact that he has no boots to his name or coin in his purse. While this may be a temporary situation, it is none the less his current state.

He urges Scout to move forward, thinking of Nevey. "Krys seems to think this is a good idea... But then again she doesn't know that I often talk to my horse." Crossing the drawbridge, he hoped he would see friendly faces.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For thee who comes with friendly minds, be welcome   For thee who comes with friendly minds, be welcome - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

For thee who comes with friendly minds, be welcome
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Rose Clan :: OVER THE DRAWBRIDGE :: THE GATE HOUSE-
Jump to: