The Rose Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Rose Clan

WELCOME TO KILVAROCK CASTLE - HOME OF THE ROSES

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

For thee who comes with friendly minds, be welcome

Go down 
+33
Corbinsheppard
Callikoneko
Gird
Jaidion
Le Chef
Silver_Airglatem
rose_du_roi
Ragnaroth
Serdan
Darian
krysreed
Lorelei
Morgan_McAnthony
Sparhawk
Finlay
Ange Lyne
snarkysuccubus
Rothar
Terrasophia
Vevina
Rannos
Bragi
Mollinator
kitn
Idallia
departedspirit
Dewey
amzeel
yukishiro
sela
Gurland
The Guard
Erin
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Finlay

Finlay

For thee who comes with friendly minds, be welcome - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: For thee who comes with friendly minds, be welcome   For thee who comes with friendly minds, be welcome - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 8:55 pm

He walked to the gate and peered out...he loved his job...always there were fine lasses coming to visit. Looking at her "Yes Miss is there something I can help you out with?"
Back to top Go down
Ange Lyne

Ange Lyne

PostSubject: Re: For thee who comes with friendly minds, be welcome   For thee who comes with friendly minds, be welcome - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 10:32 pm

I heard him before even seeing him, he was hard to miss, all that iron cliketing and claketing.

It took me alot of courage to look straight in the guards eyes, at least where I thought his eyes would be and to ask

I wish to meet your mistress Milady Vevina Rose, she may... she may be waiting for me
Back to top Go down
Finlay

Finlay

PostSubject: Re: For thee who comes with friendly minds, be welcome   For thee who comes with friendly minds, be welcome - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 10:57 pm

"One moment please" Finlay walked into the inner ward area "Lady Vevina, there is lass at the gate wanting to meet you shall I let her in?" He watched as Lady Vevina nodded her head at him. He turned and went back to the gate, opening it for the lass. "Milady, you will find Lady Vevina just inside"
Back to top Go down
Ange Lyne

Ange Lyne

PostSubject: Re: For thee who comes with friendly minds, be welcome   For thee who comes with friendly minds, be welcome - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 4:36 pm

As I waited, I tried to peep inside to have a better look at the ward .. it was large and surrounded by high walls on two sides and by the castle walls on both other ones. Standing almost in the middle was a young woman, not much older than myself, it was towards her that the guard had went. She lifted her head and looked towards me, then looked back at the guard and nodded. Could that be the chief of the Rose Clan? I asked myself. She is too young, I must be mistaken. In my mind a chief of clan could only be a very respectfull elderly man or woman. I was still gazing at the lady when the guard came back to let me pass the gates, showing me the lady and confirming that she was in fact the person I was looking for.. a young and ... as I walked shyly accross the ward .. I could see that ... she was yes a young but also a pretty scottish lass. I smiled to her, feeling a little more at ease and walked a faster pace to join her.

OCC: to be followed in the inner Ward
Back to top Go down
Sparhawk

PostSubject: Re: For thee who comes with friendly minds, be welcome   For thee who comes with friendly minds, be welcome - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 3:38 am

I finally made it to the castle. I huffed and puffed and walk quickly through to the courtyard.
Back to top Go down
Vevina
Clan Chieftain
Vevina

Location : Ardencaple, Glasgow, Scotland OR running around Kilravock

PostSubject: Re: For thee who comes with friendly minds, be welcome   For thee who comes with friendly minds, be welcome - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 5:16 pm

For those here for the hunting weekend please walk through to the inner ward. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Morgan_McAnthony

PostSubject: Re: For thee who comes with friendly minds, be welcome   For thee who comes with friendly minds, be welcome - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 12:52 pm

MM rode up the drawbridge toward the gatehouse and waiting guards, admiring the Rose Castle. "Quite the structure, very impressive," Morgan notes to himself, his keen military eye taking in every aspect of the fortress. Riding up to the gates MM reigns in Daingaen and calls out to the Guards.

"I am General McAnthony of Glasgow, though I am not Rose by blood I consider myself a Friend of the Clan. It is by the invitation of Lady Vevina I presend myself and do crave admittance to your Keep." With that MM dismounts and produces the scroll of parchment with the Rose seal still visible on it's edge.
Back to top Go down
Finlay

Finlay

PostSubject: Re: For thee who comes with friendly minds, be welcome   For thee who comes with friendly minds, be welcome - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 1:22 pm

He took the invitation and inspected it. Handing it back to the man. "You may enter, Lady Vevina is receiving guests in the inner ward"
Back to top Go down
Vevina
Clan Chieftain
Vevina

Location : Ardencaple, Glasgow, Scotland OR running around Kilravock

PostSubject: Re: For thee who comes with friendly minds, be welcome   For thee who comes with friendly minds, be welcome - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 2:02 am

She walked up to the gatehouse "Finlay, we are heading into the castle...if any guests arrive please have them meet us in the Great Hall. with that she turned and went into the castle to join the others.
Back to top Go down
DarkSide

PostSubject: Re: For thee who comes with friendly minds, be welcome   For thee who comes with friendly minds, be welcome - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 4:20 am

As I cross over a mountain a castle appears in sight, I pull out a folded piece of paper I had tucked in my pocket, an invitation it reads

Quote :
Hi Hon,

My good friend said to pass this invite along to you and your friend Darksidez.

You do not need to be a rose to go. We would love to see you there.

Take care.

Lady Serenity

The Roses invite you to join them for some fun at Kilravock Castle. . A two day event, the first day a hunt is planned followed up by a feast and music. Let's hope the hunt is successful so we have something to eat! The next day sleep in and join us for breakfast, followed up by an archery event. We hope to see you all there.

Arrival scheduled for January 23rd, hunt and feast January 24th, breakfast and archery contest January 25th.

It appears I have the right location, I tuck the invitation back into my pocket and continue up to the draw bridge, a voice speaks to me Your presence is requested in the Great hall, please make your way in I walk in announcing my name, I am DarkSidez here at the requests of my old friend Enoch
Back to top Go down
Finlay

Finlay

PostSubject: Re: For thee who comes with friendly minds, be welcome   For thee who comes with friendly minds, be welcome - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 4:53 am

(Darkside sir...you must register to continue on through to the castle.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: For thee who comes with friendly minds, be welcome   For thee who comes with friendly minds, be welcome - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 5:18 am

As I try to make my way into the castle the castle guard hails me and informs me that I did not sign in. Feeling a little embarrassed I walk back over to the gate keeper and register my name to the list
Back to top Go down
Lorelei

PostSubject: Re: For thee who comes with friendly minds, be welcome   For thee who comes with friendly minds, be welcome - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 7:38 am

Lorelei slowed her horse, approaching the gate to the main structure. An impressive hold. Seeing a guard at the gate looking very serious, she dismounts and approaches after handing the reins to a stableboy waiting closeby. Removing the string of squirrels she had brought in one hand. An invitation in the other.

Speaking now with the young guard she introduces herself " Hail to the Clan of the Rose', my name is Lorelei Montgomery". Producing the scroll for inspection she states "I have come at the invitation of Angelyne and would like to join the festivities".
Back to top Go down
krysreed

krysreed

PostSubject: Re: For thee who comes with friendly minds, be welcome   For thee who comes with friendly minds, be welcome - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 8:21 pm

walking up to the castle i take a deep breath in and walk up to the guard

my name is krys reed a member of the rose clan i hope i am in time for the banquet, for my present was requested by lady vevina.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/krystlereed
Finlay

Finlay

PostSubject: Re: For thee who comes with friendly minds, be welcome   For thee who comes with friendly minds, be welcome - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 8:27 pm

He took both of their names down. Looking at Lady Lorelei and Lady Krysreed, "The party is now in the great hall." to Krysreed "Welcome home milady"
Back to top Go down
The Guard

The Guard

PostSubject: Re: For thee who comes with friendly minds, be welcome   For thee who comes with friendly minds, be welcome - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 8:02 pm

Finlay had left to help bring back the Boar for the diner, Milady Vevin had sent back the Guard to his duties.

He kept thinking he hadn't slept enough, his turn coming back way too fast.. so it was with a grump face that he stood besides the gate, waiting for any late arrival guest that could show up
Back to top Go down
Darian

Darian

PostSubject: Re: For thee who comes with friendly minds, be welcome   For thee who comes with friendly minds, be welcome - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 7:44 pm

Darian finally arrives running to the gates breathing heavily and his naked upper body glittering because of the sweating. He speaks abruptedly while catching breath: I'm - coming - for the - hunt... He looks to the guard waiting for reply.
Back to top Go down
The Guard

The Guard

PostSubject: Re: For thee who comes with friendly minds, be welcome   For thee who comes with friendly minds, be welcome - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 8:28 pm

The Guard raises an eyebrow when he sees the man running to the gates, then stopping and trying to catch his breath..

Hmmm.. the Hunt.. should he tell him it was over? that dinner was about to be served? He thinks about it for a while, maybe the man would be able to breath normally when he would figure it out..

with a sigh he finally decides to tell the poor man the truth..

I'm sorry to tell you sir but.. the boar is killed... and almost served on the table, if you hurry, I'm sure the Roses and the guests will be happy to see you join them.. go straight in, cross the great hall and you will find the dinning room..

and Welcome here Milord
Back to top Go down
Darian

Darian

PostSubject: Re: For thee who comes with friendly minds, be welcome   For thee who comes with friendly minds, be welcome - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 8:40 pm

Darian wonders about the quality of the guards here and gives the guard a long look. He didn't even ask his name or invitation. Darian smirks but is too busy to teach the guard now.... he just makes a mental note to talk vith Ange or Vev about that. Thank you sir. Then he continues through the gates curiously studying the surroundings.
Back to top Go down
Finlay

Finlay

PostSubject: Re: For thee who comes with friendly minds, be welcome   For thee who comes with friendly minds, be welcome - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 11:17 pm

Members of the Llewellynn family the Chieftess is waiting for you in the inner ward
Back to top Go down
Serdan

Serdan

PostSubject: Re: For thee who comes with friendly minds, be welcome   For thee who comes with friendly minds, be welcome - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 2:27 pm

Serdan and his old servant, Elren had ridden hard for days upon receiving the invitation. Serdan looked forward to see Kilravock again, and to get away from the stresses of English society. When he made it to the gatehouse, he dismounted his Sable stallion, Kilo, and Elren dismounted his own.

"Well Lad...you sure about this? Long trip just to see some lass." Elren said, eyeing the guard suspiciously.

"Elren...I'm here to see the castle....getting to see Vevina is just an added bonus." Serdan jested. The old Scot, Elren just rolled his eyes, and mumbled something about wasteful attractions, and followed Serdan up to the guard.

"Afternoon. I am Serdan Hamilton Rose, son of Hugh Rose, and I am here on invitation of Chieftess Vevina." Serdan said, realizing that his scottish accent was getting weaker due to his long time in England. He was curious what the guard would say about a man who wasnt wearing a kilt, claiming to be scottish.

Should have worn the tartan. He thought, waiting the guards reply.
Back to top Go down
Finlay

Finlay

PostSubject: Re: For thee who comes with friendly minds, be welcome   For thee who comes with friendly minds, be welcome - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 7:07 pm

He watched as the two men approached, when the young man said he was Hugh Roses' son, he froze for a moment, realizing his place he checked the list of names "M' Lord you may enter"
Back to top Go down
Serdan

Serdan

PostSubject: Re: For thee who comes with friendly minds, be welcome   For thee who comes with friendly minds, be welcome - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 7:09 pm

Serdan nodded, then he and Elren made there way through the castle gates, without another word.
Back to top Go down
Serdan

Serdan

PostSubject: Re: For thee who comes with friendly minds, be welcome   For thee who comes with friendly minds, be welcome - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 2:47 pm

A river approached the gates, upon a black mare. As the rider neared the gates, he saw the sentry. The rider slowed his mount, then spoke to the sentry, before passing.

"Messanger of Serdan Hamilton...carrying a 'etter fer thy Chieftess."

After entering, the rider dismounted in the courtyard, and slowly made his way in, his limp pronounced due to the chilly weather.
Back to top Go down
Ragnaroth

PostSubject: Announcing a new arrival   For thee who comes with friendly minds, be welcome - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 1:30 am

I Ragnaroth of Ardencaple have come to see and meet the people of the clan that has
allowed meself to join their glorious rank's. I am a humble man and just wish to meet
my new family members. So I say a Hale to all and announce my fealty to the clan.
Ragnaroth
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For thee who comes with friendly minds, be welcome   For thee who comes with friendly minds, be welcome - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

For thee who comes with friendly minds, be welcome
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Rose Clan :: OVER THE DRAWBRIDGE :: THE GATE HOUSE-
Jump to: